Intercontinental Hotel Group (IHG) have been working with Communispace, the private community company, to build on-going relationships with 300 elite customers, who provide feedback and insights into all things IHG.
The private communities have provided IHG with the opportunity to
- raise over 3,000 questions within the community
- provide a platform for peer to peer customer engagement resulting in a further 7,000 questions being asked and answered by the community
- listen to and learn from the customers
- provide tactical feedback on campaigns and messaging
- provide strategic feedback on new product development and customer experience
- facilitate sharing of member generated content ie photos, views, opinions and questions
- provided internal education for senior executives as to the value of developing and running hosted customer communities
Following the continued success of the private communities, IHG have developed an external public community called Priority Club Connect, where priority club members can share their photos and travel blogs with other members. This has a growing number of members and participants.