Born in the SouthWest of Scotland, I am proud of both my roots and accent, however do see myself more as a global citizen, as I have been fortunate enough to have travelled, lived and worked in Asia, Europe, the US and UK.
Throughout my career, I have grasped each new opportunity and challenge as they have presented themselves and for the most part enjoyed each ones’ unique journey and resulting personal experience, be that through the project goal, the people I have met on the way, the hurdles which have been overcome or the things I have learned.
Each opportunity has fuelled my imagination and curiosity while reinforcing my belief that everyone is capable of achieving more than they think; it just takes vision, adaptability, focus on the end goal.
Each role or project has offered new challenges, opportunities to innovate and work with multi-discipline teams across a range of different organisations in a number of industries, including software, advertising, customer insight, publishing, retail banking and social media/business.
To provide balance and a different perspective, I have undertaken a few personal challenges, which include:
- returned to golf and mix playing with creating new initiatives for women golfers
- learn to row
- setup learn to row program for people recovering from cancer
- cycle across sardinia
- cycled from South to North Vietnam
- assist with a monkey conservation project in Hong Kong
- climb Kilimanjaro
- help an animal charity in China
- crewing on 2 legs of a round the world yacht race