From 2001 to 2013, I have worked with clients in a range of industries including, social media, software, advertising, retail banking, publishing, online travel, hospitality, health & fitness, education, translation and globalization services and veterinary services. Some of the projects we have worked on are:
Sky – Innovation – Product Development
Introduced the concept of creating a private customer community to provide insight and feedback to the product development teams, identified solution using internal resources and existing technologies and added new reseeaources and technologies where necessary.
The pilot moved into business as usual in Sept 2013.
Online Travel Company April 2011 – July 2011
- Developed a multi-sided customer centric business model, for a new online and mobile city-breaks business proposition.
- The solution combines a booking system, an online customer review community, a mobile trip planner and destination guide.
Alterian, Social Media and Marketing Technology
- Reviewed social media acquisitions Techrigy, July 2009, Social Media Monitoring Tool and Intrepid Customer, Sept 2010, and Social insight Strategy Consultants
- Using their core assets from acquistions, developed a social media sales and marketing strategy.
- Developed and sold integrated social insight service combining the assets from 2 acquisition companies, social media monitoring tool and insight agency skills in online ethnography skills and content semiotic analysis to create an insight program for the creation of an FMCG website content strategy.
- Led a pre-sales social insight project looking at conversations around Starbucks Christmas flavours campaign in UK, Singapore and Australia, in Dec 2009 and Dec 2010 and produced whitepaper on findings.
Kingston University June 2010 – Sept 2010
- Supervised Social Media Master’s dissertation.
Motive8, Health & Fitness
- Developed and implemented social media strategy, selected key social channels, trained internal teams, set up editorial schedule and integrated into new website.
HSBC, retail bank
- Engaged by Customer Experience team to develop and facilitate an internal social media strategy workshop, bringing together individuals from various business units within the bank.
Kukutana – social business café, Founder
- A project to take an idea from scratch and create a branded event through only using social tools, email, LinkedIn, twitter and its own hosted community plus a local café and within 6 months I ran 2 events in JWT’s London office one with 50 people & one with 25
Lloyds Banking Group
- Developed employee engagement & internal communications proposition using social platform
- Introduce new communication tools to the internal teams
- Provided internal Communications support for internal Group IT projects
UK Customer Insight Start-up
- Developed Econometric modelling proposition for FMCG clients, delivering first project to major US FMCG frozen food brand, project was in New York.
- Managed the customer insight proposal process for large UK retail brands
- Consulted on customer insight projects for UK DIY retailer
Ogilvy Worldwide, Global Director, London, New York and Singapore
- Operationalized Ogilvy Worldwide’s strategy to create a new integrated global business, Redworks.
- De-coupled creative, production and distribution services from local and regional business units.
- Identified evaluated and selected social workflow and collaboration technology to support the new business model and negotiated a contract to deliver a win-win outcome.
- Directed a 40 person multi-regional, multi-disciplined team to the successful implementation of the new global service for the first global client on time and within budget.
Lexis Nexis UK, Legal Publisher
- Developed new business strategy to combine Lexis Nexis Content with social & workflow tools
- Tasked with adding IT directors and Partners to conversations with Law Firms.
- Led a multi-disciplined team to create the “Law Office of the Future” Innovation project.
- Researched market needs and opportunities, led client round tables, established partnerships with Microsoft, Cisco, Interwoven and other Legal market vendors.
- Authored acquisition proposal document for UK software vendor.
Ogilvy EAME, advertising agency
- Directed end-to-end agency workflow and studio traffic management project.
- Gathered business requirements, selected vendor, managed implementation of solution.
- Authored ERP invitation to tender document.
Other New Business Development and innovation engagements include:
- Authored social tools and digital pitch document for sport based online education project.
- Led teams developing marketing mix models for marketing resource allocation for US brands.
- Led customer insight teams for FMCG insight strategy development
- Developed customer insight tool development strategy for insight agency.
- Developed an integrated supporters CRM strategy for UK football league club.
- Assembled a web strategy for a start-up Intranet Software firm; researched target and associated markets, looked at vertical markets and presented a proposition.
- Authored business plan for social media based customer loyalty and member services program, researched key markets, introduced to 10 major brands and sought investors/partners.